Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Spainish 2 Dream

White Dog Madness.... savoir!
Seafood Medley - w/normal pasta (in spicy sweet Olio sauce) - BAGUS!

EL's Lychee Jelly Drink... Colourful Lor

Berry Banana Drink... those are not pearls..they are berries

Clam Chowder @ White Dog (3.5 Stars out of 5)

Chicken Consumme @ Bakerzin

Mushroom Soup @ Bakerzin


I was invited to attend an uber cool function yesterday over @ Vivo City. Went there with my colleague EL. The function was about Spain and the 1st Anniversary of the SPAIN 2 DREAM section over at Vivo.

The function was quite interesting and I love Spain even thou I have not been there but impression of the place is THUMBS up if based on the "Discovery Travel & Living" section shows that I have been watching.

I want to go tour Europe perhaps 5 years after getting married. I will plan out a superb itinery for me and my better half.... hehehehee... lucky for him!

Anyways, before the event started, EL and I decided to have something light at Bakerzin.. but to my dismay, the soup I was looking forward to tasting 'Chicken Consumme' Soup - it totally SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! It gets a mere 1 star out of 5 stars from me, cos it had so MUCH MSG!!!! YUCKS yucky... Yikes!!!! Puiiiii...

Anyways, EL ordered their mushroom soup which is always good.. I approve that one. Mushroom soup at Bakerzin gets 3 stars out of 5 stars from me.

Then we shared a mushroom burgette. Which was nice... in fact, tangy and QQ thru to every bite as the mushrooms were fresh. That burgette deserves a 3.5 stars out of 5.

Afterwhich we both attended the chi-chi function, the tapas served were interesting but I adored the onion & potato tapas & Salmon on french bread...the rest had some funny look which I dared not to try... EL tried one that looked like mini Chinese Sausage wrapped in "bread" pastry. Which turned out oily.... EEeeeeeee....

Btw, tapas are mini items or what we Singaporeans would call "finger food" which tend to have more savouries served than sweet toppings. They are smaller versions of Canapes.

After the speech, we decided we had enough so we headed for a real meal at WHITE DOG cafe on the 2nd floor. I was impressed with the ambience, maybe its the rain or the good company or both but it made the place feel cosy.

The plush sofa seats and soft lighting also helped. Moreover, their menu prices are quite affordable.... about $15 - $20++ range. Service was impeccable... Daniel Ong the manager was quite attentive.

The waiter that lead us to our table was a funny dude.... he speaks in such an unusual manner and takes such pains to properly pronounce some words on the menu that I was controlling to ensure I did not burst out laughing.... He was like "SALad got soup specials in them.... " and EL and myself turned to each other and were puzzled. It was hilarious lah! I mean, what is Salad got soup specials????? Is that English to you??? Wah lau..... But it was funny

Actually what he meant was their specials of the day was this Lobster bisque soup and they have good salads if we want to try. *sweat drops here*

Actually White Dog cafe's signature is Pasta & their steaks (MUST TRY their Seafood Medley Pasta!!!! - 4 stars out of 5) which comes in either Squid Ink Pasta or a normal Penne / Linguine pasta with Spicy sweet Olio sauce.

We had their White Dog Madness Ice-cream dessert (4.5 stars out of 5 - i mean, how bad can ice-cream taste if you combine it properly)which was way jolly! I felt like a child having my ice cream even thou I was very full by the time I got to desserts cos I had their Berry Banana Smoothie (3.5 Stars out of 5) which was just right - the drink felt healthy yet sinful all at the same time.

EL had a Lychee Jelly drink which was a colourful and happy combi! She loved the drink.... but I don't like the Jelly, as this is particularly subjective, you just have to try the drink yourself to decide if you like it, I shall not comment here.

We were stuffed silly and slowly walked over to hitch a bus home thereafter. *gobsmack*

happy...oh happy Day!!!
Kisses,RL

No comments: