Saturday, June 28, 2008

Confession - EYE CANDY & Dress Sense

This really is like some silly secret confession I should have made uber duper long ago...

YES, I am happily attached and in a meaningful relationship but, since the other day when a friend of mine lamented and wrote in the papers MY PAPER - to be exact that Singapore lacks good-looking guys as some eye candy for us ladies..

I had to agree.

I SMS-ed to thank her for the article, cos it seems like a long overdue article.. that some Alpha-Female (representative of us, the female population) ought to speak up on behalf of us - Crudos to Her! Cos in her article, she stated a fact, SG gals are quite into the dressing up thingy... so no matter how frugly she is, she is not too bad in terms of dressing K!

Well, I felt the need to contribute my two cents' worth here at my own space...
So here goes,
Singaporean men are generally slackers, in particular, their dress sense.

Even my man does not put in effort to coordinate his get-up unless
A) there is a wedding function
B) there is a formal business function

if not, on 99% of the days, most guys I observe are wearing stuff that makes them look like they just came from the slums or out of bed (btw, the out-of-bed look is officially passe)!

Sure, comfy clothes are most important, no arguments about that one but c'mon... can SG guys ever...like EVER surprise us, ladies.. with some fashion sense and grooming and dedication?

Instead of asking us to buy magazines to oogle or scan thru for good-lookers or guys who bother to dress up instead of down?

I am not asking for some toy boy looking fella or some hunky dude... NNoooOOOoooooooo!

I am merely stating a fact. SG guys either are slackers in dressing or they overdo with all the floral patterns. (I can attest to that, I know of a guy who takes to pink and flowery patterns!!! ITS SHOCKING. But he is not gay!)

So guys, can you bring on the Get-up and Bring it On sometimes?

Very sian one leh.... I am just looking... nothing else but sadly, got nothing much to look at lor! I just need some easy-lookers on the eye.. which u guys do that all the time... we ladies, we just don't say it out... but we appreciate some too!

No comments: