Friday, April 11, 2014

I think I got Stupid but there are 2 Silver Linings



I made a decision. Guided by loads of good intentions and wiser people than myself. 
Supported by a large pool of uber sweet colleagues turned friends
who rallied behind me and want me around for longer.
I am gonna say NO to them tomorrow. Say NO to $600 more. 

I think my heart pains a little. 
That's like $600 x 12 = $7,200 more a year 
But I believe in the bigger picture. 
I still believe my noble intentions when I decided to join my current place 
and literally grab the bull by its horns, is right. 
There is a place for me, room for me to ONE FINE DAY 
flex my creative muscles, 
see my ideas translated and executed perfectly. 
So goodbye $7,200.... Deep sigh... I am but human, let me bemoan the loss for today.

Lunch was crazy awesome and treated by the one person I least expected
and I don't really work with her much,
yet she can read my feelings and cheer me up with AWESOME WONDROUS DIM SUM!!!!
And I love her jolly nature. She could tell I was deeply upset yesterday. 
She need not even bother with me. Coz she doesn't work with me. 
But she made the effort to cheer me up. 
I AM SO MOVED. I will do so much more for her, should she need assistance one day!!! 

And MY OH MY, Szechuan Court has really good dim sum! 
It fights pretty well with my favourite Lei Garden for No.1 spot. 
Crystal Jade Golden Palace and Imperial Treasure are still in 3rd and 4th place. 
With Cherry Garden and Min Jiang in 2nd place tied... 
Oops, pardon the deviation, I can rant on and on about food I love... hahahahaha
 
And another two colleagues whom one wanted to buy me my fave milk tea to cheer me
but i rejected nicely coz me on weight loss lar... no choice, discipline! 
and the other successfully dragged me for tea. (Yes, yes, i caved... I need to cut on sugar...argh!)
I am so blessed, one who treated me to great atas food, the other 2 with simple milk tea. 
I am grateful. Its wonderful to have allies who care sincerely and have synergy plus chemistry with. 
I believe friendships at work, do help to speed up work and make work easier 
and it helps when crap gets thrown at you!

So I shall pray for you all today, for God to bless u all, 
Yups... all my friends at work. Whom I count as friends. 
U know exactly who u are. I am grateful .

Xoxo,

Ruth