Friday, June 20, 2008

Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often - Book Review


I read the above book over a period of 2 weeks, digested a lot of stuff, been reminded of yet a lot more things as well.

Importantly, I benefited from this book alot.. cos the author, sure reads a lot too, we cannot just sit and hope for "heavenly inspiration" when writing esp. a book.
Book writing is 5% Heavenly inspiration & 95% sweat!

Its not easy! Trust me, I am still compiling my Poetry over the last 10 years and hoping they will be published someday. Ha!

The book I am reviewing today is LIVE WELL, LOVE MUCH, LAUGH OFTEN..by Apelles Poh. (for more on apelles poh, click here.)

Irony is, we need books like this to inspire us, to gingerly remind us that Life, along with all its crazy antics of deadlines, appointments, schedules and what nots is meant to be enjoyed in a balanced sort of way!

This book teaches us how to grab Life by the horns, face the challenges it poses to us in the best possible way and yet still SHINE in our work, embrace Success that comes along with effort and joy and PASSION that you ought to put into your work and walk TALL with integrity without forgetting to love your loved ones, enjoy them while you can!

We are truly more than conquerors in Christ!

This book gets a 4.5/5 Stars from me, I would have given it Full Marks if it had a bit more illustrations and / or pictures. ok... Okay, so I am a graphic person, but can you blame me? =p

No comments: